- Entry level leadership role
- Diverse Candidates are encouraged to apply
- FIFO from Perth – Family friendly 8/6 roster
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Empower & lead a dynamic team
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth’s mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. We’re committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It’s how we grow – it’s how you grow.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
About the role
At RioTinto Rail Maintenance we have a vision on “becoming the greatest heavy haul railway in the world” and are seeking passionate people leaders to join our team. The key focus within this role is to maintain and implement activities aligning to the renewal of rail assets. You will have the ability to mentor, lead, coach, empower & supervise a talented and enthusiastic team of individuals who foster a culture of inclusion.
We will actively plan your development pathway to ensure you are set up for success in leading a dynamic team through formal certifications and other development opportunities to further your leadership ambitions. This role presents a fantastic opportunity for implementing positive change and coaching safe behaviors. This is also a fabulous opportunity to break into the industry and be part of a leading global organisation.
What you’ll bring
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced supervisor to provide safety leadership and manage the team through significant technology role change. This opportunity will be offered on a FIFO working arrangement, on a 8 days on, 6 days off and reporting to the Track Renewals Superintendent, you will provide :
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Providing leadership& guidance to your team and engaging with them on a regular basis
- Driving a strong safety culture within your team to work towards Rio Tinto’s goal of zero harm
- Leading safety discussions and pre-starts with your team
- Leading productivity improvement within the team
- Developing and coaching the team achieve business performance objectives
- Engaging and communicating with multiple stakeholders to align and deliver team objectives
- Frontline Management
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- WA “C Class” manual drivers’ licence
- Experience in a leadership role – not necessarily within rail
- Sound interpersonal skills and a genuine interest in leading teams, fostering an inclusive workplace
- Excellent communication skills
- Practical problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in high pressure environments
- Proven leadership capability
- Strong safety values
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Where you’ll be working
Whilst primarily being based at either Tom Price or our Dampier Operations, you will also have the ability to travel between Rio Tinto’s various sites & camps as part of your core work.
Tom Price is located in the central Pilbara, west of Karijini National Park and is our original Pilbara mine, currently employing residential and fly in fly out employees. It is known as one of the most attractive towns in the Pilbara with a high school, two primary schools a hospital and a high standard of recreational facilities.
Our port facilities consist of four shipping terminals located on the Pilbara coast at Dampier and Cape Lambert which form an essential part of our logistics process. Each terminal has facilities for train unloading, iron ore stockpiling, product blending and ship loading.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Apply today via this link: http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6.IDgd-y-K
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. This role offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth.