Are you interested in Trades opportunities in Western Australia for Rio Tinto?
Opportunities are available in our rail maintenance workshops in Karratha and Wickham, located just off the North West Coastal Highway, 1535 kilometres north of Perth and 240 kilometres south of Port Hedland. We offer relocation assistance and a range of other benefits.
Rail industry experience is NOT essential and we welcome qualified trades and trades assistants from other industries or backgrounds
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and you can find out more about partnership here: https://au.work180.co/employer/rio-tinto/about
We are also part of the Women in Rail network with a goal to have gender equity across the Railways Division and support the attraction, retention and career development of women.
Rio Tinto operates the world’s largest integrated portfolio of iron ore mines. Our rail division in Western Australia has an extensive rail system that extends 1,700 kilometres to our 15 mines across the Pilbara and our four port facilities at Dampier and Cape Lambert. We operate rail maintenance workshops in Karratha and Wickham which utilise state of the art technology to maintain our rolling stock fleet.
We are keen to hear from qualified Trades or Trades Assistants from a range of backgrounds including:
- Diesel Mechanics
- Mechanical Fitters
With a bustling city centre, Karratha’s recent reinvention will impress you with it’s great restaurants and modern facilities, but best of all Karratha’s location means it is surrounded by iconic natural attractions. We offer relocation assistance and a range of benefits including:
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with an annual bonus scheme
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Subsidised company housing and living expenses including rent and utilities
- Assistance with boarding costs for students in primary, secondary or post-secondary education
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/ annual, paid parental, sick/carers leave)
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
The rail sector is a high growth industry with stable, long term career prospects and joining Rio Tinto will allow you to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment that is inclusive and welcoming.
To join our talent network and hear about job opportunities in our rail maintenance workshop or other parts of our business in Australia please click on this link to register your details: htttps://bit.ly/RioTrades
One of our team will then contact you about current and future opportunities and to share some of the exciting things happening within our business!